- There are 6,429 Catholic schools in the U.S.
- In these schools, there are 1,878,824 enrolled students.
- Out of these students, 20.7% are racial minorities.
- There are waiting lists for 1-in-3 Catholic schools.
- Catholic high schools have a 99% graduation rate.
- Of these Catholic high school graduates, 88% attend 4-year colleges.
- The average cost-to- educate at Catholic schools is $5,847; substantially lower than the national average cost-to- educate at public schools which is $12,509.
- Catholic schools are 20% of the non-government schools nationwide, educating 39% of the non-government school students (1.9 million).
- Catholic schools represent 25% of the non-government schools in urban settings and teach 42% of the urban non-government school students.
- Student populations at Catholic schools are two or three times larger than at other non-governmental schools; thus, Catholic schools have economies of scale to take on new students eligible for educational choice programs.
*Sources: National Catholic Education Association, National Center for Education Statistics
Download this in PDF format.